Corruption in High and Low Places Must Die for Dominica to Survive (Gabriel Christian)
First, let me say that I sign my name to my letters and writings. And I do not let friendship and party allegiances blind me to truth. I have been attacked and maligned for standing for truth and asking questions which are legitimate in a democracy.
I am sure they are from people who considered themselves my friends or "comrades" at some point. To the attackers I say: attack me all you will, you still cannot seem to address the threshold question: Why is Dominica being sued? Are we being sued because Lennox Linton is a bitter man? A UWP supporter?
Is Dominica being sued because Gabriel Christian did not get a contract or some such? These wild thrashings seek to slay the messengers - but cannot undermine the message. What was the thrust of my article? It condemned corruption in public office; and it did so based on a lawsuit involving sale of our passports - the essence of our citizenship.
When a message states: Disassociate yourselves from corruption how can one argue with that? Why should that message send anyone into a frenzied attack against those who alerted our public to matters of the national interest conducted by Chinese posing as Dominicans in Las Vegas and the resultant lawsuit.
An unprecedented lawsuit in which the ambassador assails the country's leader and is still an ambassador until Lennox disclosed same. The panicked flailing of those who attack us is symptomatic of those caught in the morass of their misdeeds and who now realize that people are waking up. So, apologists , stop this sort of low down mepuis. Stop trying to dupe the workers and peasants – the masses? Do not cuddle ignorance. Do not bribe the poor and so mock their poverty. Do not take Dominicans for fools?
Be assured, we will stand firm to root out the lawlessness that the unscrupulous have foisted on our land. And none shall escape the judgment of history.
On another point, some have accused me of condemning corruption in Government simply because I was denied some "contract." We have consistently called for a National Renewable Energy company working for our country's best interest, such as what the National Commercial and Development Bank in 1978 did for us in the finance sector. See my 2006 article at:
Why we have never sought to enrich ourselves at the expense of the public till. So why use character assassination and silly tribal politics to thwart the quest for truth and good governance? What a sad day when one posts internet excuses for corrupt and inept behavior by asking: What country is not corrupt? That person is literally justifying misdeeds by those in political office.
Now we know how some countries have come to sink into the bottomless pit of inequity because of the existence of those apologists who do amazing somersaults to excuse the inexcusable. For those who know me I have always condemned the sale of our citizenship. Where I stand for right, I do not call for violence. Those who do violence to our country are those who savage our ethics, good name and civic culture by taking bribes, employing unsavory characters and using fraud artists as King to conduct foreign policy.
Now, I ask the cowards who attack me under the name "anonymous" - show your names. Do not be afraid to show yourselves; I will not victimize you, like I have been in the past for holding high the noble values of the real Labour Party. Was I a hateful and bitter person then? This is not some political game and the time for partisanship is over where we deal with an issue of our survival.
All noble Dominicans must now unite to face this grave threat. This irresponsibility which has usurped the national political authority is a rebuke to our fallen heroes and cannot be countenanced any more. Dominicans, wake up! We are being re-colonized by this sale of our birthright. Now, my erstwhile friends, answer the following:
1., Why is Dominica being sued?
2. Why are Dominican tax dollars used to defend an action in which we - the people - had no say or involvement?
3. Why are the e-mail communications for matters which are clearly of a legal and binding nature, not from the Attorney General and/or Minister of Legal Affairs?
4. Is the Attorney General an accomplice or is he/she left out of the loop?
5. Is the Minister of Legal Affairs an accomplice or outside the loop?
6. Where have the monies for the passports gone?
7. If the monies were deposited into the national treasury, when was that done? Where is the money?
8. How many passports have been issued since the ascension of PM Skerrit and at what price? And to whom?
9. Has the Government Auditor performed an audit to determine the number of passports sold and the monies earned:
a. Who are the passport agents selling passsports?
b. To whom do they report?
c. And when and how are monies accounted for?
10. When and how did Cabinet make the decisions re the ownership of Shangri La?
11. Does the government own 51% or did the PM waive the 51% ownership share as alluded to by the unsigned letter referred to by Hsiu.
12. Why were the e-mail communications sent by the PM himself and not the office of Legal Counsel - i.e. AG or Minister of Legal Affairs?
13. Will these Chinese and other dollar-citizens vote in our upcoming elections? If so, what are the risks to our democracy and future independence?
14. When Hsiu recommends that he asks the Chinese national government to intervene in the internal affairs of our country to bolster the current government, is that acceptable? Would reasoned judgement not consider such intervention in the affairs of a sovereign nation treason?
15. Why was it up to Lennox Linton to expose to the public and the world that our country was in a BVI lawsuit in which its standing ambassador to China is calling our Prime Minister a liar? And that Chinese remained ambassador until Lennox Linton raised the issue?
16. What is the CMC plan for Portsmouth?
So, my friends our image has been damaged. Our national interest is under grave threat. And 30 years after independence from Britain we are being slowly recolonized with the complcity of those who have betrayed the Labour Party and the country. Let those with a sense of historical memory and a semblance of patriotic commitment do right.
Dominica is a society based on rule of law and these questions must be answered by the Prime Minister with clarity and precision. ABSENT AN ANSWER, THEN WE ARE TO CONCLUDE THAT ANSWERS WHERE GIVEN WOULD HAVE BEEN UNSATISFACTORY. SILENCE IS NOT AN OPTION.
AND SPIN, JUST LIKE DWARF CAVENDISH, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.